Monday, January 6, 2014

Gratitude list...............Reflections on the Road to Recovery from alcoholism


        Reflections.................................................... on the Road to Recovery 



                                            (9) - Gratitude List

One day I informed my home group that I was generally not happy with the way my life was going. My job, my program, the world, pretty much everything. I asked them to help fix this (me).

They replied almost immediately and unanimously "Go home and make a gratitude list."



Why would they ask me to do this?

Have you ever made such a list? Was it helpful?

What three things are you most grateful for right now?

3 comments:

  1. A gratitude list is one of the easiest, best and quick tools to use for anyone in a "bad spot". They can be done spontaneously; without deep preparation and I have found the outcome to always be good.
    Larry S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a gratitude list is a great weapon against the devil. It's always been helpful to me to actually read how lucky I am and how God has blessed me and my life. Today's List: 1) My relationship with God 2) My sobriety 3) My family

    ReplyDelete