Saturday, January 11, 2014

Reflections on the Road to Recovery from alcoholism -Reliability

                  Reflections......................on the Road to Recovery

                                    Reliability

"Be where you say you will be, Do what you say you will do."

                         

Neither was likely to happen when I was drinking.

Now being a reliable, trustworthy person is a major focus and goal for me. I check to make sure my calender is open before I answer yes.  If I say I will make it and I cant....I call.  This is the way it  always should have been.

How do you feel about this?

Is it important to you?

How do you feel when someone fails to do this for you?

1 comment:

  1. Reliability, Responsibility, Dependability--are all at the top of my list. For 25 years, none of these existed while I was using drugs. People are counting on me now/again and more than that, they can. I'm very grateful for this because it hurts and it's disappointing when someone lets me down. Therefore, I do the best I can not to make others feel that way. It's very simple--do what you say you're going to do--PERIOD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete