Monday, September 29, 2014

Hmmmm....Was my worst day sober really better than my best day drunk?

Reflections....
....on the Road to Recovery

 

My worst day sober was better than my best day drunk.

I've heard this saying for a long time. Several years ago I stopped and really thought about the statement as it relates to my life. The simple answer I came up with is that your answer depends on how you look at things... I wrote the following short story that explained this in more detail


https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-8iiIu25F1-Z3h0ejVYT3ZKWW8/edit?usp=sharing

What is your perspective on this?

4 comments:

  1. If I were to use the short story written by Rick H. I don't think I could ever say those were good days. But things like that would never be good High or Sober. With that being said, it's definitely better to be able to properly process news of any type--good or bad without having to use 22 bags of heroin every day to do so. So, I definitely agree with the concept of that slogan--just maybe not it's wording

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Steve. I always thought the wording of the saying did not capture the intent. Thanks for sharing! Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it seems to be apples and oranges. I think about Biblical joy vs. worldly happiness. I have scores of "fun" days like you described under my belt. I am not sure if I have ever been as "happy" sober as I was on those days. However, my moods were all over the map back then. Now, like you said, I am living life on life's terms and I am more content and not experiencing depression like I used to. When a trial occurs, I can process it in a healthy way and I think it gets resolved so much quicker. Now, I have a lot of peace in that I have removed the sin of getting drunk from my life. I have some fond memories, but they are in the past and the way I live now is the way I want to keep doing it until I meet Jesus.

    ReplyDelete