Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A powerful spiritual prayer from Bill K...

I recently attended an AA Men's retreat  that really lifted my spirits. (Arlington AA Men's retreat-link to the retreat at the bottom of this post)

At the retreat Bill K.shared the following with the group. After listening to the prayer, everyone almost in unison, asked if Bill would send it to us all. You will probably understand why after you read the prayer.

from Bill K......

Oftentimes I begin by repeating "Dear Lord" over and over until my mind quiets and my heart opens up, then as slowly as I can, I begin to recite my prayer, the slower I pray the more I find my prayer being drawn from my heart and not just my mind.  Often I get lost between the 3rd Step and 7th Step prayers but not letting it bother me that I am falling "off track" as I am really just trying to commune and hang out with God.

So...here's my expanded version of the 3rd step prayer....



Dear Lord I offer myself to You...
All my thoughts, all my feelings
everything I say and everything I do,
everything I refrain from saying and doing,
every choice and every decision I make,
my habits, my character, and my destiny I give to You

To build with me and to do with me as You will...
Mold me and shape me Lord
strengthen me, fortify me,
sharpen my mind, soften my heart, strengthen my resolve
Use me as Your tool, your instrument
let me be Your legs and hands here on Earth to accomplish Your will

Relieve me Lord of the bondage of self...
Free me of the chains of selfishness, self centeredness, self importance,
self pity, self absorption and my proclivity to self indulgence

Take away my difficulties...
my shortcomings, my character defects, my sinful tendencies

That victory over them may bear witness to those I may help of
Thy strength, thy love and thy way of life
May I do thy will always.


http://aamensretreat.jigsy.com/

1 comment:

  1. this is a really good version of both prayers Thanks for sharing, Bill K

    ReplyDelete