Saturday, September 7, 2013

Recovery from alcoholism- words of wisdom for all ages- Room 101


Room 101


A while ago I attended a Sunday morning AA meeting in a school building where the breakout groups would go into individual classrooms to discuss the lead.

In the classroom posters that had been placed on the wall stated short “pearls of wisdom”. I found myself so intrigued by these simple and powerful statements, that I started writing them down in my 24 hour a day book. It struck me that these sayings were definitely suited for any ages.

I will be posting these for a few sessions:

Room 101

1.      "What is popular is not always right…what is right is not always popular…"



2.        "People may doubt what you say, but they always believe what you do."



3.      "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today."    

       













1 comment:

  1. Wow--It's amazing how a few letters strung together can have such powerful meaning. I really like # 2 & 3. Every person in recovery should take heed to these two statements. Thanks Rick--do keep posting these "pearls", they're great reminders!!

    ReplyDelete