Thursday, April 3, 2014

Reflections on the road to Recovery from alcoholism- Who am I, really?






Reflections.....
...on the Road to Recovery

                                                           Who am I, really?

Fueled by alcohol,  I gained the false courage to behave in a way that reflected the person I thought I wanted to be. In new sobriety, absent alcohol, I found that I was full of fear and lacked the courage to become the person I knew I was meant to be.

Through the grace of God and the power of AA I am becoming the the person God meant for me to be-one day at a time- for 24 years (today).


2 comments:

  1. Actually, it had been so long since I made any move that wasn't drug induced, related or fueled that I couldn't even remember who I was. It's nice to figure it out again. Now, fueled only by GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Steve, fueled by God in recovery!

    ReplyDelete