Sunday, December 22, 2013

Balance ......Reflections on the Road to Recovery from alcoholism


                Reflections.........................................on the Road to Recovery

                                                    
                                                        (5) - Balance



I have heard from so many recovering alcoholics that "Once I start (fill in the blank), I don't stop. I do things to excess, to the extreme".

I've learned that more is not better. Most of the time I can sense when I'm doing things in excess. Balance is my goal.


What do you do to excess?

Have you experienced "more is not better"?

How is the balance in your life?

What areas do you need to change to improve balance?

1 comment:

  1. So far in recovery, at one time or another I've done everything in all areas of my life in "excess" -- work, recovery, church, family. Usually it leads to fatigue, frustration and disappointment, so I've learned to pare down my activities to a healthy level. I had to learn how to say no!! It's almost like I'm afraid that if I don't say yes, yes, yes to any and all requests that people will assume I'm using again. Balance is huge in my life and I try to achieve this more and more.

    ReplyDelete