Monday, December 9, 2013

Good Habits, Bad Habits ............Reflections on the Road to Recovery from alcoholism



             Reflections.................................................on the Road to Recovery


                                     (3)- Good Habits, Bad Habits


Here's what I discovered about Good and Bad habits

Good habits:
  •     Tend to be things you don't like to do
  •     Difficult to start
  •     Hard to keep up
  •     Require self-discipline
  •     Once you stop for a short time it is hard to start doing them again
  •     Take a while to become a habit (Many people say 90 days)

Bad habits:

  •     Not good for you
  •     Take little effort to start and keep up
  •     Hard to stop
  •     Don't take long to become a habit
  •     Take away from other positive aspects of your life
  •     Hurt self-esteem 
  •     Focused on self (Selfish)

  Can you add to this list of  attributes?

2 comments:

  1. Funny how that works, isn't it!! I really like the question you ask at the end because it really is that simple. Is this something that is good for me and makes me a better person?? Will this aid me in living my life according to God's will?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. The longer I live the more to pay attention to simple truths. Rick H.

    ReplyDelete