Thursday, May 22, 2014

Reflections on the Road to Recovery from Alcoholism- His ways are not your ways

Reflections...
...on the Road to Recovery

                                                      His ways are not your ways

You know God does not do bad things. But sometimes you may fail to realize that everything that feels bad to you is not necessarily bad for you. Reminding yourself that His ways are not your ways will help you trust Him even when your circumstances are hard to understand.-Joyce Meyer



Do you believe this?

2 comments:

  1. I do believe this. However, with that being said, my faith still wavers much more than I'd like it to. I still struggle with my way versus God's Way occasionally. I must continue to pray for God to strengthen my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Steve. I believe this concept in my head, but sometimes its hard to accept that God would allow trouble and pain into the lives of those He cares so much about. I read once that God was more interested in our growth than our comfort. I was so mad when i read that! I was like a little kid and said, I don't want any more growth I'm fine where I am. Just give me comfort and good feelings. I still feel that way-but getting a little better understanding and accepting that I must grow to be the person He wants me to be. I say this prayer often from the heart- God I know I need to grow- Please give me the chance to do so with as little pain as possible, Ill try to cooperate. It feels to me like He is doing this for me. Rick

    ReplyDelete