Friday, June 21, 2013

My Favorite Golfer







I just want to share this story with any golfers who may be looking at my blog. I don't mean to discourage  non-golfers from reading it; however, I believe this is a story that only golfer lovers will really get the full essence of.



So there is one golf course in Lake Geneva that I love to play. I've been playing there for over 30 years. It's absolutely beautiful: hilly, flowers, trees everywhere, terrific smells; it's what they call a Scottish course.

Over the years I started going  up there in the early afternoon by myself, taking  my time getting there, hitting extra shots on the course and really, after a while just melting  into the beauty of the place. When I drive home at night, I have a little concert with my 70 and 80's music collection in the car.

In the last few years, I started bringing a sandwich, parking at the top of a hill at dusk, eating and just listening to the quiet - There are wild turkeys, deer, rabbits, all kinds of birds- peace all around me. At these times, I think I  must be getting a brief look into what Heaven must be like- I hope so.


Anyway, one day I hit the ball on the 3rd green and as I approached,  there is a rock (or something) sitting on a hill at the back of the green. It had been added since the last time I had played. I thought. "That's weird-what is that thing?" So I go and look- it turns out to be a monument or headstone of some golfer who apparently loved the place as much or more than I do. It's right behind the green of the third hole!!! I crack up every time I see or think of it. I have it as the screenshot on my phone!  I love this guy. Even more if he actually found a way to get buried there.

Well, that's the story. I have the pictures to prove it!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story Rick. I choose to believe that he did, in fact, find a way to be buried there!!

    ReplyDelete