Saturday, June 22, 2013

Words I like (want) and dont like-(need)









While in my disease my focus and attitude were on these words:

Fast, easy, immediate and comfortable

In recovery I’ve been directed to these words and attitudes:

Thoroughness, perseverance, discipline, delayed gratification and growth

 
My reaction to this realization:

I still really like the first set of words-but know that to be who God wants me to be- and a person I will like and respect- I must strive to accept and incorporate the second set of words- (ouch)

I’m still under construction but getting better.

4 comments:

  1. Well I'm impressed my friend, you got the word discipline out in one try. I'm also partial to the first list, but have come to accept that if I don't strive to achieve those things in the second list I'll more than likely be unable to hold onto the small piece of Sanity that I have, through God's grace, managed to attain. How's that for a run on--lolol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling OK about myself until I read delayed gratification. I like what Steve said. I have to shoot for those things in order to remain and/or become more joyous, happy and free.

    All I can say is thank God it is progress, not perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL-Could not agree more Jeffrey!!!!

      Delete
  3. Yep got to have a set of tough goals to streeeetch me (ouch!)

    ReplyDelete